Thursday, May 14, 2009

Up at 3 am

Good morning!

So, I am currently awake at 3:27 am. The reason? Well, lately I have been having a bit of throat pain, more than likely due to my overactive sinuses. So, I think a sore throat is what woke me up. But what gets me is I also have a dull ache somewhere between my jaw and my right ear. The whole right side of my face kinda hurts. I know (from a trip to the dentist a year ago) that I have a lot of dental work that needs done, cavities and stuff like that, but I haven't had the insurance or extra cash to get it taken care of. In addition, I have known for a while that my wisdom teeth in my lower jaw came in sideways, and are pushing against my normal teeth. This has created a space that cannot be cleaned, and is slowly decaying. Eventually I will have to have dental surgery to get these troublesome teeth removed, but it is expensive and there is a risk of facial nerve damage.

This is why I am concerned. If it is my wisdom tooth that is behind this ache, I am not sure I will be able to make it another three months of pain. Right now the pain is minimal, but in past experience within a month it will be too much to handle. In short, I am scared.

I am scared that I will have to do something about this tooth. I am scared I will have to leave before the end of the semester to get this tooth taken care of. I am scared I won't be able to graduate this fall, and that I won't have the money to do another semester in Japan. I am scared of Japanese dentist because what if they do something wrong? And what if I have to recover here in Japan? I am scared of facial nerve damage, and that my face is going to sag...

Normally I would ust pray about this, pray for healing. But lately I havent been following God. I know it. I have ben avoiding God because I know that I am disappointing Him with my life. So I have trouble praying right now for this tooth situation. Perhaps this is God's way of removing me from Japan, where I have been less than faithful. I hope not, but maybe.

If you guys can keep me in prayer, it would be greatly appreciated. Not only about my tooth, and kinda lastly about my tooth, but that I put God first as my priority.

In other news, I went running again today ^_^ This is kinda an unexpected happiness. I enjoy going for my runs, and the thought of losing weight. I just want to be careful not to be vain. But I do love the runs I have gone on.

Thanks everyone! Jay!

1 comment:

  1. Almighty and most merciful Father,
    we have erred and strayed from thy ways like lost sheep,
    we have followed too much the devices and desires of our own hearts,
    we have offended against thy holy laws,
    we have left undone those things which we ought to have done,
    and we have done those things which we ought not to have done.
    But thou, O Lord, have mercy upon us,
    spare thou those who confess their faults,
    restore thou those who are penitent,
    according to thy promises declared unto mankind in Jesus Christ our Lord;
    and grant, O most merciful Father, for his sake,
    that we may hereafter live a godly, righteous, and sober life,
    to the glory of thy holy Name. Amen.

    The Almighty and merciful Lord grant us absolution and remission of all our sins, true repentance, amendment of life, and the grace and consolation of his Holy Spirit. Amen.

    O Father of mercies and God of all comfort, our only hope in time of need: We humbly beseech thee to behold, visit, and relieve thy sick servant Jason, for whom our prayers are desired.
    Look upon him with the eyes of thy mercy; comfort him with a sense of thy goodness; preserve him from the temptations of the enemy; and give him patience under his affliction. In thy good time, restore him to health, and enable him to lead the remainder of his life in thy fear, and to thy glory; and grant that finally he may dwell with thee in life everlasting; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

    Where there is a struggle, there is life; where there is life, there is hope. Thanks for sharing your struggles. You can share ours at
    http://www.findmyaddress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete